2ACoin v2.0.0 Launched
2ACoin launched the release of 2ACoin v2.0.0 which includes an algorithm switch to Argon2/Chukwa.
2ACoin v2.0.0 is a major release of the 2ACoin CORE software and included the following general updates;
- Added Chukwa support
- Argon2id with 512KB memory, 3 iterations, 1 thread.
- Scheduled block major version change to 6 at block 455,000.
- Applied standard code formatting via clang-format to project source code.
- Resolved a number of compiler warnings when using Clang or GCC
- Dropped support for gcc based builds on OSX due to ongoing issues with the gcc toolchain on that platform. Clang is the recommended toolchain for OSX.
- Internal checkpoints updated through block 425,0000
- CryptoNight based cryptography has been split into platform specific files to make it easier to read through the code.
- Resolves an issue with the portable CryptoNight cryptography that would result in invalid hash calculations on some platforms.
- Changed default build type from Release with Debug Info to Release
- Core code reorganization to help reduce dependencies for some binaries thereby speeding up compilation for some users.
- Switch to native builds instead of portable builds by default. Releases will still be default (portable) builds. Please see the build directions if you wish to compile portable builds.
- Simplified the Windows build instructions
- Renamed all directories in the /src folder to lowercase
- Removed unused code from the project.
The conversion was very successful with no major issues reported by the algorithm switch.