Weekly News & Updates – Week of 11/10/2019
This blog post contains the latest happenings related to 2ACoin and the 2ACoin community.
The highlights around 2ACoin for this week are listed below.
This Week's News & Updates are;
- 2ACoin CORE v2.0.0 Software Release
- 2ACoin-WalletGo v1.1.0 Now Available
- 2ACoin Community Involvement
- Community Projects – Share Yours
Details of this Week's News & Updates follow.
2ACoin CORE v2.0.0 Now Available
The latest release of the 2ACoin CORE software is now available.
2ACoin v2.0.0 is available for download from our Github repository here – https://github.com/2acoin/2acoin/releases/latest
This release of 2ACoin includes an update to the algorithm 2ACoin uses for it's blockchain POW (proof of work) hashing.
Significant Updates – Algorithm Change
2ACoin will move from CryptoNight-LiteV7 to Argon2/Chukwa algorithm at block height 455,000 which is estimated to happen in the early morning on Friday, November 22nd, 2019.
This version of 2ACoin is a mandatory upgrade for all users. Please be certain to upgrade your CORE software before block 455,000.
With the change in algorithm for 2ACoin it is imperative that all users update their software before block height 455,000. We have notified the following users about the upgrade and the status of their upgrade is shown;
- Finexbox Exchange (updated)
- qTrade Exchange (updated)
- 2ACoin Official Pool (updated)
- P2PoolMining Pool (updated)
- N2AA Pool (updated)
- COD Pool (unknown)
- Community Pool (unknown)
Attention MINERS – Please be aware that current merge mining pools which utilize cryptonight-liteV7 will stop working when the upgrade goes into effect at block 455,000. If your miner is utilizing one of these pools and you want to continue to mine 2ACoin/ARMS then you will need to configure your miner to utilize Argon2/Chukwa with one of the updated pools above.
2ACoin CORE v2.0.0 includes many updates and enhancements to the 2ACoin software. Some of the more important changes are listed below;
- Added Argon2/Chukwa support
- Argon2id with 512KB memory, 3 iterations, 1 thread.
- Scheduled block major version change to 6 at block 455,000.
- Applied standard code formatting via clang-format to project source code.
- Resolved a number of compiler warnings when using Clang or GCC
- Dropped support for gcc based builds on OSX due to ongoing issues with the gcc toolchain on that platform. Clang is the recommended toolchain for OSX.
- Internal checkpoints updated through block 425,0000
- CryptoNight based cryptography has been split into platform specific files to make it easier to read through the code.
- and more….
Please refer to the 2ACoin Github Page for a complete list of updates, to each of the 2ACoin CORE components, and links to each platform binaries for downloading.
2ACoin-WalletGo v1.1.0 Released
Our popular GUI (graphical user interface) Windows Wallet Software for 2ACoin has a new version available.
There were not many significant changes made in this release, other than the inclusion of 2ACoin CORE components for v2.0.0.
However, if you are utilizing this software with an earlier release. It is mandatory that you upgrade to the latest version before block 455,000.
Here are the details behind 2ACoin-WalletGo v1.1.0;
- Bump Version to v1.1.0
- Modifications to README for build instructions
- Includes 2ACoin Core v2.0.0 (2ACoind, 2acoin-service, and zedwallet).
2ACoin-WalletGo v1.1.0 is now available for download from our Github page – https://github.com/2acoin/2acoin-wallet-go/releases/latest
2ACoin Community Involvement
We need your help! As you can see from many of this week's announcements… 2ACoin is growing, we expect that the events over the coming weeks & months will have a huge impact on 2ACoin and our community members. We need members that are excited about 2ACoin and are willing to contribute to it's growth. We're looking for the following;
- Marketers (video, social media,
- Testers (JIRA, Test Scripts, etc.)
- Members (Get involved tell your friends about 2ACoin)
Help us to build 2ACoin into the strong 2nd Amendment voice that we know it can be. Get involved and support your 2A rights!!
Community Projects – Share your Project
Do you have a really cool 2ACoin Community Project that you have been working on? Would you like to share your project?
We're looking for projects that are specifically built around 2ACoin, leveraging our extensive API and 2ACoin Core features. If you have such a project, let us know so that we can highlight it here for all of our community members to see.
We'd love to feature your project in our next Weekly News & Updates!
2ACoin is designed and developed to support the American Right to “Keep and Bear Arms” as set forth in the 2nd Amendment to the Bill of Rights established on December 15, 1791. To meet this goal, 2ACoin includes a pre-mine of 10% of the total available coins (1.791 million ARMS) that will be donated to the Firearm Community over the next 10 years.
2ACoin is growing and we need your help!
You can see from these announcements all that we have going on in our community. The upcoming events will have a major impact on 2ACoin and our members. Get involved and support the cause championed by 2ACoin and help build a solid future!
If you have any comments or feedback about this announcement. Please provide them below.
Leave a Reply