Latest 2ACoin Core Release – 2ACoin v2.1.3
We just released a new version of the 2ACoin software Suite.
(Now available for download from GitHub)
Latest Release Information
2ACoin v2.1.3 is now available for download from our GitHub Software Repository.
This release of the core 2ACoin software includes the following General Updates, please refer to the complete list of of updates on the download page.
- This release contains a bug fix for raw blocks not being found which caused the daemon to stall
- Includes all the features and functionality released in v2.1.2 (shown below)
- 2ACoin v2.1.2 updates –
- New Network ID and P2P Version defined
- New Fee per Byte enforced immediately
- Fixed numerous Clang 10 warnings & Updated RocksDB to v6.10.2
- 2ACoind API changes (see release notes for details)
- Require coinbase transactions to prove their destination address
- Updated COMPILE.md with directions for CentOS 7.x
- Updated OpenSSL to 1.1.1f in AARCH64 Cross-Compilation
- Updated Windows CI (GH Actions) Builds
- Updated CI build instructions to use the latest GH Actions image(s)
- Add LevelDB support
- Enable use of LevelDB instead of RocksDB using the –db-enable-level-db configuration switch
- If you'd like to switch to using LevelDB, you must fully resync your node
- Readme Cleanup
- Multi-signature primitives
- Update python path in Windows CI builds
- Removal of invalid assert
- Updated internal checkpoints as of block
- Fix issues with macOS CI tests
- Link in SSS3 Support in Argon2
- Remove legacy Zedwallet and promote Zedwallet++ out of beta
- Enforce Excessive Output Creation Limits
- Reorder transaction validation to be easier to follow
Who Should Update
If you are new to 2ACoin then this is the version that you want to start with. Just download the software for your system and follow the directions here.
2ACoin v2.1.3 is a MANDATORY upgrade for all users.
Please review all of the release notes listed on the GitHub download to see what this version includes.
Special Notes About this Release
This release in MANDATORY for all 2ACoin users. In this release we performed a block rewind to 775,000 block height. The release also contains a new Network ID and P2P Version.
NOTE – The change to fee-per byte takes effect immediately in this release. The software will not wait for the network upgrade before setting the minimum transaction fee via fee-per-byte.
Network Soft Fork
We performed a network soft fork at block 780,000 (see details below).
End of Life (EOL) Notice
Please note that v2.1.x are the last releases to contain 2acoin-service. Releases after v2.1.x will no longer contain the 2acoin-service binaries and the code will be removed. The next release will not contain 2acoin-service or any legacy WalletGreen dependencies. If you have not converted your wallet(s) and or services over to Proton, zedwallet, or wallet-api you are encouraged to do so soon. The next release will remove all legacy support for older wallets and the daemon API will be changed thus rendering 2acoin-service inoperable. Should you experience any issues working with wallet-api, please make sure that you open an issue so that the issue may be resolved as quickly as possible.
This also establishes the timeline for the End of Support (EOS) of 2acoin-service being the next release (v3.0.0). With the release of v3.0.0, 2acoin-service will no longer be supported or work with the core software.This release includes the replacement for legacy zedwallet. Legacy zedwallet has been replaced with zedwallet++ and all legacy zedwallet code has been removed. Please make sure that you have backed up your keys from legacy wallets, then upgrade them to the new format by using zedwallet, wallet-api, or wallet-upgrader in this release and ensure that you can access your wallets using the above tools.
Clarification: 2acoin-service is not being deprecated as part of this process. It will still be available until further notice specifically regarding that binary.
End of Support (EOS) Notice
Support will be provided for legacy zedwallet through October 31, 2020. After that date, legacy zedwallet will no longer be supported.
Full Node Resync May Be Required
The new version of 2acoin-service will require a full re-sync. If you are using 2acoin-service you will be required to re-sync your node or create a new wallet for v2.1.2.
Release v2.1.2 contains a host of updates to the way that we handle data for fee per byte processing. The updates are necessary for the proper operation of
2ACoind, zedwallet, 2acoin-service, and wallet-api; however, this update may require you to re-sync your wallet with an updated daemon. Please be sure to backup your wallets before update.
If you encounter a message stating that your local blockchain cache is corrupted, please try the directions given (be patient, it may take a while). Or, you may resync your node from scratch.
To help speed up your sync, you may use checkpoints to help speed things up. (Review the steps on how to sync quickly below)
This release contains a network consensus update at block 780,000 that activates the following consensus rules:
- Enforces a requirement that coinbase transactions (miner rewards) be provably claimed by a miner (or pool). This is a consensus level requirement that helps to reinforce the security of the network.
2ACoin is designed and developed to support the American Right to “Keep and Bear Arms” as set forth in the 2nd Amendment to the Bill of Rights established on December 15, 1791. To meet this goal, 2ACoin includes a pre-mine of 10% of the total available coins (1.791 million ARMS) that will be donated to the Firearm Community over the next 10 years.
2ACoin v2.1.3 provides new features/functionality which are designed to stabilize the ARMS network against transaction flooding. This release reflects the outstanding effort by our team whom are constantly working to ensure the stability and security of the 2ACoin network.
If you have any comments or suggestions, we would like to hear them.